- Public: Anyone can access via your custom URL and access without having to log in.
- Private: Anyone can log in; however, they will need to log in with an email address and create a password. Any email address will be accepted.
- Secure (Default setting): Only your registered users (The list of users loaded on the CMS) will be able to login with their registered email address. On first access, they will need to create their own personal password.
- Passcode - Create a generic passcode that attendees have to enter in addition to the login option you've selected. For example, the Secure login option and passcode would result in the below:
- The user has to enter a registered email address.
- The user creates a personal password on the first login.
- The user then enters the generic passcode promoted to them.
- Email Validation - If you opted for Private or Secure, where users have to log in to access, you could require them to click a link in their email to gain access to the platform.
Secure is the default setting and the most common option ensuring only registered users have access. Additional security levels are often seen as over the top and result in a more complex login process for users. The specific event and content requirements will determine which is the best option.